Saturday 6 September 2014

Aww, Zack Orji talks wifey and kids in new interview


Aww, Zack Orji talks wifey and kids in new interview zack orji
The story of Nollywood is not complete without men­tioning Zack Orji, former chairman of Actors' Guild of Nigeria. Ina recent interview with SUN, he taked about his marriage and kids - how he wooed his wifey and how his first son had to wear girl clothes after he was born because they had prepared to have a girl not a boy - see excerpts below:

I have a number of memorable moments. When I proposed to my wife and she said 'yes' was memorable. Prior to that, I had not proposed to any girl. I still remember the night or early in the morning we have gone to a party. During the party, I took her outside and right there proposed to her and she said 'yes'. I always remember that day. 

I also remember the day my son was born. It was always a memorable day because the result of the scan had said that baby would be a girl. Based on this we had bought some clothing for a baby girl, which I took to Eko Hospital. He was born thereabout 10.28 pm and by which time I had left the hospital and gone home and by the time I returned to the hospital with more baby girls wears and the nurses said, 'congratulations', you have a baby boy. I didn't think I heard them very well until I got to the ward, that my wife told me and I saw it was a baby boy. 

So the first few days, he wore the clothing of a baby girl. I always remember that day. There are so many other days that are memorable to me. I always remember the days when my two daughters were born. My first daughter came ten years after my son and second daughter two years after the first daughter. 

Also, when I produced my first film, which was Love in Vendetta in 1996 and my directorial debut was a movie called, Web, which was shot in Lagos and Accra. I was part of the Executive producer of the film. There are lots of memorable days both in terms of my career and in terms of your family.

What has been your worst embarrassing moment?
One of the embarrassing moments I have had in my career was when we did the Glamour Girls thereabout 1994, I was in another set, when one man, Alex from Punch newspapers approached me and asked whether it was true that I have been suspended from my church. I felt very embarrassed because I knew I had been suspended from my church. He didn't get any clarification and went ahead and published in the newspaper that I have been suspended from the church.
Another time, I was walking along the street, some people accosted me and asked, 'is it true that my wife broke my head with a stick?' It was quiet embarrassing. Apart from these, I can't really remember any embarrassing moment I have had.



How do you relax?
Most of the times, I don't go out. Except the appointments I had I wouldn't have been out today. If I don't have anything serious to do outside, I just spend the day with my family, especially now that my two girls are on holidays. My son graduated two years ago. He studied media with television at the University of Bradford, England and doing his national youth service right Nigeria. This period of holiday I just spend it with my family when there isn't anything serious to take me outside. I also relax writing songs, playing guitars and writing movies.

How did you meet your wife, you said proposing and her acceptance was one of your memorable moments?
My wife is from then same place with me, Mgbowo, Awugu local government in Enugu State. Immediately after my youth service, I met my wife. I graduated about 30 years ago; I studied Estate Management at University of Nigeria, Nsukka and also, studied Media Enterprise. So, I met her immediately after my youth service, we dated for three years and got married.

How does your wife feel when she watches you in movies playing romantic roles?
My wife understands the occupational demands of the job because she herself is an actor and a costume designer and so understands the occupational demands of my job. By the way, it is not every film that I do that is romantically inclined. It is just a few of them. So, when the responsibility comes I go ahead and do my job and she doesn't disturb me.

Have you left acting because you are hardly involved in movies?
I may not be as active as I used to be because I have a lot of other responsibilities. I'm a media consultant to some companies, as resource person organising workshops and training programmes for young people who are desirous of a career in films in different crafts and lots of other responsibilities I have. There have been moments I have received invitations to star in films but my schedule couldn't accommodate them, so, I had to turn down the offers. However, I'm still acting, I still produce and direct movie.


{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ VERDANT STORIES SECTION
TITLE>>>>>>FORBIDDEN
CONTINUED FROM YESTERDAY
Chapter Four

Tanko did not share the milk in two halves, instead he ignored Bawa and made sure the four of them had a portion. This annoyed Bawa but pleased Garba who was grateful to have tasted the master's milk. It was sweet and very tasty. The following day, the boys learnt how to count. A black teacher who spoke English and called himself Mr. Felix taught. He explained it in Hausa as he taught in English. Garba liked it and he understood what Mr. Felix taught. He was very happy. "Tomorrow, you will learn how to write all what I've been teaching you. You will write one to ten," he said as he closed for the day. "I like Mr. Felix," Garba said later when he met Sule and Tanko. Bawa was avoiding them because of what happened the previous day. "Yes," said Sule. "He's a kind man. He's not like Mr. Jacobs or all these other teachers who speak through their nostrils." "Where is Bawa?" Garba asked Tanko. "The greedy boy says he's not interested in being friends with us again," Tanko said. "I guess it's because of what happened yesterday," Garba said.

TO BE CONTINUED TOMORROW....PLEASE VISIT OUR BLOG AGAIN TOMORROW FOR A CONTINUATION OF THIS AMAZING STORY!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

No comments:

Post a Comment